British Beer & Pub Association responds to the Government’s alcohol labelling consultation
Britain’s brewers have made considerable progress in9 voluntarily labelling their cans and bottles with information on units and responsible drinking.
As the Government’s study on labelling, undertaken last year, states:
- 91 per cent of beer cans and bottles have unit information
- 75 per cent have a responsibility message
- 82 per cent have the Drinkaware (http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/)logo
- 40 per cent have the responsible drinking guidelines
- 31 per cent have a pregnancy warning
Brigid Simmonds, Chief Executive of the British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) said:
“Our industry is delivering good and growing levels of information on labels to help people make more informed choices about their drinking behaviour.
“The positive and continuing progress made, not only shows the merits of the voluntary approach, but demonstrates why Government should continue to back the voluntary approach as the best way of achieving their objective of better information for consumers.”