Epson Launches the SurePress L-4033A Digital Label Press
Global commercial launch of innovative engineering and technology delivering profitable label production at IPEX (18th-25th May 2010)
Seiko Epson Corporation ("Epson", TSE: 6724) today announces the global commercial launch of the SurePress L-4033A, a highly versatile short-run digital label press designed to print labels efficiently and profitably. Since first shown in prototype form three years ago the SurePress L-4033A has undergone significant development to meet the growing demand for fast turnaround, low volume, and multiple version label jobs.
SurePress is designed for label converters taking the first steps into digital printing or expanding their existing digital printing capacity, as well as general commercial printers looking to add digital label printing to their portfolio of services. The Epson digital label press prints on a range of off-the-shelf papers and film up to 330mm wide and at speeds up to 5m/min and fits easily into existing digital workflows. SurePress leverages Epson's leading MicroPiezo ink jet technology and newly-developed six-color, water-based, pigment inks to ensure consistent and high quality results.
The SurePress L-4033A demonstrates the company's strong commitment to delivering professional solutions to the packaging and labelling industry. Epson is working with industry-leading partners on every aspect of digital label production from color management to substrates and finishing options in order to deliver the best control, performance and results.
More about SurePress
Additional product features include:
- High Quality Labels: Epson's acclaimed MicroPiezo ink jet technology provides ultra precise drop formation and placement to deliver smooth gradations, color quality, and sharp detail for bar code readability, small type and line work
- Versatile Media Support: Prints on standard paper and film label stock up to 0.32mm in thickness and rolls from 80-330mm wide
- Wide Color Gamut: Six-color, water-based, pigment ink system reproduces a wide range of colors
- Enhanced Productivity: Allows commercial printers to transfer time-consuming, short-run jobs to the SurePress for more cost-efficient and timely results
- Less Waste: No chemicals or plates are required in the pre-press process and less substrate and ink is used in make-ready for short run jobs
For additional information about SurePress, visit www.epson.com/IPEX2010.