EskoArtwork will present its extensive portfolio of integrated packaging, printing, and sign & display solutions at Pack Print International 2011. Delegates visiting the stands of EskoArtwork distributors C.G.S Co. Ltd. (stand P-Q39) and Maepim Co Ltd (stand P-Q43) will see live demonstrations of how the company’s solutions can help packaging providers to improve efficiency and reduce costs. The event is being staged at Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre, and runs from August 31 to September 3.
“Pack Print is the ideal backdrop to show packaging professionals how our solutions can deliver significant time and cost savings,” says Jean Pierre De Moor, EskoArtwork Vice President Asia Pacific. “Asia is a very important market for us – we want to show customers how they can streamline production and improve how they operate.”
At Pack Print EskoArtwork will demonstrate the capabilities of its solutions and how they have helped establish the company as a market leader in packaging pre-production. Packaging professionals across the world are using the solutions to benefit from faster time-to-market, increased shelf impact, reduced costs and streamlined communications between all parties in the packaging supply chain.
C.G.S is a distributor of EskoArtwork’s packaging software and CDI flexo plate imagers. The company will demonstrate at its stand (P-Q39):
· Studio, a plug-in for Adobe® Illustrator® – a unique set of tools for 3D packaging design, developed specifically for packaging artwork professionals.
· Studio Visualizer – creates realistic digital mock-ups, including print effects such as embossing, hotfoil, metalized inks and different substrates, which you can share as images or movies.
· DeskPack – turns Adobe® Illustrator® and Photoshop® into fully-fledged packaging applications. A set of modules fits any prepress environment, from importing structural design files (CAD data) to creating repetitions of print-ready production files.
· PackEdge – a feature-packed packaging preproduction editor, offering tools for resolving major pre-press issues such as CAD / graphics misalignments, trapping, distortion, screening, and barcodes.
· Plato – a powerful tool for creating print-ready layouts for packaging and labels. The solution gives users more control and reduces cost by bringing optimum plate layout in-house. Plato is ideal for narrow web label printers, flexible packaging converters and folding carton offset printers.
· Automation Engine 10 – part of Suite 10, the EskoArtwork packaging and print pre-production software. AE10 allows users to pre-set repetitive tasks and make automated decisions within the workflow, reducing the need for manual intervention. The result is greater efficiency and productivity, and fewer errors.
· CDI – the world’s first digital imager for flexo plates, CDI has established itself as the clear market leader. Today, an estimated 90% of all digital flexo plates worldwide are imaged on Esko CDI equipment, delivering results that previously were only achievable in offset or gravure.
"EskoArtwork’s packaging design and pre-production tools enable companies to improve quality and reduce time to market,” says Noppadol Krairksh, Managing Director of CGS. “Visitors to our stand will see how effective 3D packaging design can be. Virtual mock-ups can be created easily, reducing the need for costly physical prototypes.
“EskoArtwork tools help companies implement fast workflows and greater automation, which reduces lead times and the risk of errors, while at the same time ensuring consistently high quality.”
Over at stand P-Q43, EskoArtwork distributor Maepim Co. Ltd will showcase the company’s solutions for folding cartons, corrugated and signs and displays:
· ArtiosCAD – the world’s most popular structural design software for packaging and POP design. The solution offers dedicated tools for structural design, product development, virtual prototyping and manufacturing, and is ideal for corrugated, folding carton and POP display designers.
· i-cut Suite – the first workflow offering wide-format printing and digital finishing companies a complete, integrated solution. Modules include i-cut Preflight for efficient PDF preflighting and editing, and i-cut Layout for interactive layout, tiling and nesting of graphics. Users can easily add supplementary modules, including a structural design module, a graphics preparation module, and a true-shape nesting module.
· The Kongsberg i-XP 24 finishing table – the world’s fastest digital finishing system helps turn short-run POP / POS display work into profitable, value-added jobs, and enables sign and display shops to offer on-demand production with just-in-time delivery. With a maximum working area of 87”x126” and a maximum speed of 66” inches per second, the i-XP series can convert a wide range of board, sheet and roll materials.
"There is much more to producing signs and folding cartons than just printing,” says Apiwat Sinchai, Managing Director of Maepim. “Sign and display shops also need to focus on the structure – or shape – of a sign. "We will show delegates how EskoArtwork products can help sign and display print providers to increase productivity, using a completely integrated workflow and sophisticated digital finishing system.”
About EskoArtwork (www.esko.com)
EskoArtwork is a global supplier of integrated solutions for packaging, sign and display finishing, commercial printing and professional publishing. Its products and services help customers raise productivity, reduce time-to-market, lower costs and expand business.
EskoArtwork is the worldwide market leader with software for artwork creation, pre-production, automation, quality assurance and collaboration targeted at brand owners, retailers, designers and packaging manufacturers.
The CDI flexo computer-to-plate imagers, Kongsberg short-run converting and signage finishing systems complete the portfolio for the packaging, label, signage and display industries.
The company provides a range of workflow, automation and quality assurance solutions for the commercial printing and publishing market. For graphic designers and print production professionals there’s also the Enfocus suite of PDF tools.
Facts & numbers
EskoArtwork employs around 1050 people worldwide. Its global sales and support organization covers Europe, the Americas and the Asia Pacific and is completed by a network of distribution partners in more than 45 countries.
EskoArtwork is headquartered in Gent, Belgium, and has R&D and manufacturing facilities in five European countries, the United States, China and India. The consolidated full year financials ended for 2010 with revenue of EUR 184.1 million.