At the start of a new year, FINAT is looking back upon a successful year. A year in which we not only organized our annual congress in Sicily, but when the association took further initiatives in support of the self-adhesive label industry’s future development. For example, FINAT launched its online community, renewed its website and improved its communications by increasing the frequency of the FINAT e-newsletter and introducing the FINAT Yearbook (June), as well as a Pocket Guide to enable you to maximize your FINAT membership benefit. We also supported the general interest of the industry by increasing our efforts to stimulate liner recycling and by lobbying at European Commission level to influence the planned amendment of the classification of release papers. Our continues professional PR campaign helped the members to increase our joint exposure in vertical market segments like the food & beverage sector. And as a partner of Labelexpo Europe in September, we contributed to the success of the event by offering a platform of information and knowledge exchange concerning technical standardisation and test methods, education, recycling help and marketing and communication. The successful development of the FINAT Young Managers Club is helping our industry to prepare the leadership of the future.
In 2012, as a member of FINAT you will among other things enjoy the following benefits:
- The Technical Seminar 2012 from 7-9 March at the Fira Palace hotel in Barcelona, Spain
- The revised 2011 electronic edition of the FINAT Educational Handbook
- The further development of the FINAT website including new community and a ‘FINAT App’
- FINAT’s annual Label Competition
- The annual FINAT Congress in Athens ( Greece ) from 6 - 8 June
- The FINAT Young Managers Club’s first World Congress from 28 – 30 November in Berlin, Germany
- And many more services and benefits developed by and for the members
With all these exciting upcoming activities, make sure to stay updated via www.finat.com where you may download more information and registration forms for the various events.