Technical Innovations in Offset and Digital Printing At drupa in Düsseldorf (May 3 –16), Muller Martini will present new production systems and demonstrate the possibilities for optimizing existing systems at Stand C21 in Hall 14. Digital solutions from Muller Martini will also be displayed at the stands of HP and KBA.
“At this year’s drupa, we will showcase convincing innovations from all group divisions that meet the demands of today’s market,” says Bruno Müller, CEO of Muller Martini. We will present a total of ten machine exhibits at our 2,100m2 stand:
- The VSOP web offset printing press from Muller Martini for packaging materials with the shortest changeover times and the highest level of printing quality.
- A completely new inserting system for the production of newspapers and mailshots with an optimal price-performance ratio.
- State-of-the-art systems for hardcover production – for example for high-quality photo books.
- New possibilities for saddle stitching with inline inserts – for a high level of product diversity for all print run sizes
- New solutions for perfect binding with optimal cost-effectiveness and the shortest processing times thanks to our Motion Control Technology.
- Finishing solutions to suit the increased output of the new printing presses for digital printing – for producing books, magazines and catalogs.
More efficient digital printing systems pose new challenges for print finishing. Muller Martini’s answer is intelligent hybrid systems for saddle stitching as well as softcover and hardcover production. “We offer solutions that optimally equip our customers for both offset and digital printing, enabling them to meet the market demands of today and tomorrow,” emphasizes Bruno Müller. “Our modular systems are built according to state-of-the-art technology and offer the highest level of investment protection.”
Joint Solutions with Printing Press Manufacturers
In addition to our main Stand C21 in Hall 14, digital solutions from Muller Martini will also be displayed at Hewlett Packard (HP), Stand D60 in Hall 4, and at KBA, Stand C47 in Hall 16. Inline book production downstream of the HP Inkjet Web Press will be displayed at HP’s stand using the SigmaLine. At KBA’s stand, magazines and advertising brochures will be folded inline and saddle-stitched on the SigmaLine downstream of the new RotaJet 76.
Increased Cost-Effectiveness Thanks to Integrated Workflow
With the increasing importance of digital printing, intelligent process and data management is more important than ever. Its Connex data and process management system puts Muller Martini in an ideal position to address the importance of workflow systems at drupa. Connex makes it possible to automate all Muller Martini systems optimally, from stand-alone machines to complex production lines. Thanks to such standardization, all machines can communicate with one another and, using Connex, can also be connected to a management information system (MIS). Based on JDF/JMF, Connex ensures the seamless interplay of all processes, and thus ensures the increased cost-effectiveness of production systems.
Longer Machine Lifetimes Thanks to Regular Servicing
In addition to new investments, regular maintenance and extension equipment also play an important part in maintaining the high level of productivity and profitability of current production systems. That ensures a high level of availability, expands functionality and increases the lifetime of machines. At drupa, Muller Martini will show how customers can use options for extension and optimization to increase the earning power of their existing machine line-up.