Flexcon, an innovator in adhesive coating and laminating, today announced the launch of THERMLfilm® NEXgen™, a new line of UL-recognized, thermal transfer printable products for durable goods labeling applications. THERMLfilm NEXgen represents the next generation of performance in durable label substrates by combining multiple conventional print technologies, including UV and emulsion, with thermal transfer printability, superior adhesive performance and competitive pricing.
“Converters with efficient and greener UV or emulsion technologies prefer substrates that use thermal transfer for variable information and other print technologies for static information. Until now, they have been restricted to solvent flexo due to a lack of compatibility between select topcoats and UV or emulsion print technologies,” said John Bennett, Vice President, Product Identification, FLEXcon. “FLEXcon’s THERMLfilm NEXgen line is not only cost-effective, but it allows converters to leverage their energy efficient technologies because it is more universally printable than existing alternatives, thus decreasing a company’s carbon footprint.”
FLEXcon’s THERMLfilm NEXgen line consists of 12 new products in two categories. The 2 mil polyesters utilize FLEXcon’s more universally compatible topcoat with either a high-performance permanent adhesive (VBS Better) or its new greener, general-purpose permanent adhesive (VBS Value) that resists cold flow and allows for better diecutting and dispensing.
Additional features of FLEXcon’s THERMLfilm NEXgen line include:
· A more universally-printable topcoat compatible with UV and solvent screen, UV, solvent and water flexo, UV inkjet and thermal transfer technologies.
· Topcoat is compatible with most resin and wax/resin thermal transfer ribbons.
· A 50 lb. bleached kraft roll form release liner suitable for optical sensing on most thermal transfer printers.
· PGJI2 UL-recognition for all products.
· Products with general purpose adhesive also carry PGJI8 cUL-recognition.
· Priced at or below competitive UL-recognized labeling polyesters.
THERMLfilm NEXgen products come in clear, white, silver, silver matte, satin silver and bright brushed silver and are held in inventory for quick turnaround. Clear, white and silver matte products are also available in pre-slit rolls through the FLEXcon Slit-2-Fit™ program.