X-Rite, Incorporated (NASDAQ: XRIT) and Pantone LLC, today reported a successful showing at drupa 2012, the world’s largest printing trade show recently concluded in Dusseldorf, Germany. Despite a drop in overall attendance at drupa as compared to 2008, the company reported an increase in leads over drupa 2008 and strong interest in its new product and service offerings.
“We were extremely pleased with our drupa results,” said Vic Stalam, senior vice president of sales and marketing for the company. “In addition to excellent lead generation, we were happy with the high level of traffic through our stand as well as the revenue we generated at the show. In addition, drupa is a wonderful venue for connecting with customers and prospects from around the world. We were especially pleased with the level of interest attendees expressed in our technology demonstration of X-Rite eXact, the next generation in color measurement tools.”
Color: Right the First Time; Right Every Time
At drupa, X-Rite Pantone unveiled an array of new offerings designed to help brand owners, creative, printers, converters and ink suppliers simplify the management of color across the entire color network. Designed to allow users to accurately specify and manage color from start to finish regardless of substrate, these next-generation thought-leadership color management solutions included:
· PantoneLIVE™: A cloud-based ecosystem accessible by all authorized stakeholders across the global supply chain. Pantone experts work with brand owners and their supply chain partners to develop and deploy precise spectral definitions for each brand color based on specific substrates, print processes, inks and application methods.
· PANTONE® CAPSURE™: A compact, lightweight color measuring and matching device, CAPSUREmatches the designer’s color inspiration to more than 10,000 PANTONE colors, even measuring multiple colors from finely-patterned surfaces.
· 336 New PANTONE PLUS Colors: 336 new colors have been added to the PANTONE PLUS SERIES, bringing the total of solid color options to 1,677.
· PANTONE Lighting Indicator Stickers: Make it easy to determine if colors are being viewed under the right lighting conditions for accurate color evaluation, specification and matching.
· X-Rite iPro2: This next-generation spectrophotometer is more accurate, features improved ergonomics, and comes in four different models for photo, prepress, digital print and publishers.
· iQC Print: A complete, easily configurable color quality control solution that adapts to individual workflows that removes the guesswork from evaluating and approving colors.
· IntelliTrax/EasyTrax: These state-of-the-art press-side automation solutions have been updated to deliver the highest level of consistency during expensive production runs, taking the guesswork out of color management for press operators.
· X-Rite eXact: Shown as a technology demonstration at drupa, this point-in-time handheld color measurement tool makes understanding complex industry standards simple and straightforward, providing production managers with the best possible color information and saving time and money. Its new touch-screen technology enables accurate measurement and communication of color with a single click.
· Color Services: An array of professional services that leverage X-Rite Pantone’s more than 150 collective years of experience in defining, specifying, measuring, communicating and managing accurate color. Services are customized to individual company needs and aim to introduce color efficiencies that will drive cost out of any business throughout the color supply chain.
Raising the Bar on Color Measurement and Communication
“drupa 2012 was a significant milestone for X-Rite Pantone,” added Stalam. “We were able to show new and updated products across the breadth of our portfolio that bring together the expertise of both X-Rite and Pantone to create a new dimension in the measurement and communication of color. Visitors to our stand responded well to what we had to share, and many were anxious to utilize the new and updated offerings for increased color accuracy across the supply chain, in both commercial print and packaging. This was certainly an exciting and successful show for X-Rite Pantone.”
More at: www.xrite.com