Visitors to the Xeikon booth at drupa 2012 will be in for a totally new experience. Alongside demonstrations of the company’s latest range of customer-driven innovations, which deliver best-in-class image quality, offer new levels of flexibility and deliver significant improvements in shop floor productivity, visitors will now be taken on a journey like no other - a journey of innovation which leads to what the company believes is the future of printing.
Xeikon has designed an elaborate stand for this year’s Drupa. One of the focal points of the stand is a sweeping grand staircase that leads visitors to a two-story bridge. This bridge spans the entire length of the stand, offering viewers a new perspective; not only of Hall 8, but also metaphorically of Xeikon. At the end of this trek, which covers the innovations that Xeikon has brought to the market over the last 20 years, visitors will see Xeikon’s latest achievement that is set to revolutionize the print industry – Trillium.
During this “journey”, visitors will traverse a timeline of Xeikon technology innovations that continually set the standards for digital printing. In addition, Xeikon has created a “Customer Walk of Fame” in recognition of the invaluable role customers play in the innovation process at Xeikon. Visitors will have the opportunity to speak with these customers and learn what it is like to be a Xeikon customer.
Customers on the Walk of Fame will include First Data (Greece), Ypsilon (Belgium), Data One (France), Howard Hunt (UK), VSP (Germany), W&R (Netherlands), CS Label (UK), Etichete Flexo (Romania), Color Gruppe (Germany) and TagG Informatique (France).
“This year, we felt it would be great to offer a completely new and fresh perspective of the company – one that comes directly from our customers,” says Michael V. Ring, VP of WW Marketing. “Our customers are working with our solutions day in and day out. As a result, they are in a perfect position to offer a view on what it’s like to partner with Xeikon. It’s great that we can also acknowledge these customers in the Walk of Fame, because without their input during the innovation process we wouldn’t develop the right products. Trillium is a classic case of this. It is a direct result of the depth of our customer relationships and a deep understanding of what they truly value.”
Trillium is the first implementation of Xeikon’s High Viscosity Toner (HVT) technology, formally called Quantum by Xeikon. At drupa 2012, Xeikon will demonstrate a Trillium prototype. The prototype incorporates this new High Viscosity Toner (HVT), a breakthrough that will enable printing at high speeds as well as lower costs, while maintaining the highest level of image quality and eco-sustainability. The technology will be first implemented in a range of products dedicated to the document and commercial printing markets.
Alongside side Trillium, Xeikon will introduce a full array of new products. These include:
- The new Xeikon 8000 Series for the document printing market enabling all users - from smaller short-run print shops to large print service providers - to take advantage of the company’s top-end technology that delivers best-in-class quality, flexibility in speed and substrate range, and reduced printing costs.
- Three application-specific Suites for the label & packaging markets (self-adhesive labels, heat transfer labels and newly announced folding carton) with the Xeikon 3000 Series of digital label presses at the core, integrated with application-specific toners, workflow software, substrate and equipment components.
- ThermoFlexX, the launch of a new product line of reliable, high quality imagers for the flexographic and letterpress markets.
- Xeikon Color Control, a cloud-based service that enables printers to offer their customers repeatable and predictable colors and the best simulation of custom spot colors.
- The Xeikon 3030Plus, a new entry level press for the label and packaging market capable of handling media widths up to 330 mm and boasting a top speed of 15m/min (50% more productive than other entry level machines).
- Next generation of basysPrint UV-Setters, in 4-Up, 8-Up and VLF format, for the commercial CTP market.
- Latest in workflow solutions with innovative approaches for parallel RIPping, professional color management support, and excellent Adobe PDF/VT integration.
See you at drupa 2012!
drupa 2012 takes place in Düsseldorf, Germany from May 3-16, 2012. Xeikon will exhibit in Hall 8A, Booth B44.
Post a Comment