Polyonics Introduces Ultra Thin High Dielectric Strength Double Coated Tapes for High Temperature Bonding Applications
Polyonics manufactures a wide range of ultra thin double coated tapes that are ideal for bonding and attaching components and assemblies where high dielectric strengths are also required. These REACH and RoHS tapes address the growing trend of replacing traditional mechanical fasteners with double coated tapes in permanent assemblies.
Polyonics double coated tapes offer high dielectric strengths in a wide variety of constructions including polyimide and polyester films, acrylic and silicone PSAs as well as flame retardant and antistatic options.
The Polyonics double coated polyimide (PI) and polyester (PET) tapes provide ultra thin, conformal bond lines. They also have the added value of dielectric strengths up to 13.2kV to help electrically and thermally insulate and protect electrical and electronic assemblies. The tapes include acrylic and silicone adhesives (PSA) with a variety of liners that allow them to be easily die cut into complex shapes and auto applied if necessary. In addition, their ultra thin constructions help engineers save space and weight in their complex assemblies.
Halogen free UL94 VTM0 flame retardant (FR) and antistatic double coated tapes with high dielectric strengths are also available. The antistatic tapes provide low peel voltages (<100v) and have surface resistances of 10^5 to 10^9 Ohms. This helps protect static sensitive devices by safely dissipating electrostatic charges and preventing harmful ESD events.
Electrical and thermal insulation, bonding attachment applications
- Electrically and thermally insulating batteries (EV batteries, battery cells, battery packs, etc.)
- Insulating power supply assemblies
- Attaching batteries to PCBs and battery management systems
- PCB attachments for exposure to high temperature wave flow solder and conformal coatings
- Bonding and insulating solar panels
- Attaching components to static sensitive devices
- Assembling and insulating transformers, motors, windings, coils, etc.
- Attaching high or low temperature permanent seals and gaskets
- Bonding silicone foams
- Assembling electrical devices under vacuum requiring low out gassing
- Attaching components in strong, caustic chemical environments
- Bonding and attaching smart phone and tablet electrical component, assemblies, etc.
- Holding components during vacuum coating, deposition, etc.
- Holding removable electrical test samples in high temperature and harsh environments
- Bonding plastic components in electrical, electronic devices and assemblies
- Attaching components where the propagation of fire must be prevented
Polyonics Double Coated Polyimide (PI) and Polyester (PET) Tapes
|XT-636||1 mil PI||Acrylic||SCK||7.6 kV|
|XT-652||1 mil Antistatic PI||Acrylic||SCK||7.6 kV|
|XT-653||1 mil Antistatic PI||Silicone||PET||7.6 kV|
|XT-654||2 mil PI||Acrylic||SCK||13.2 kV|
|XT-657||1 mil PI||FR Acrylic||SCK||7.6 kV|
|XT-663||2 mil Antistatic Clear PET||Acrylic||PET||12 kV|
Note: 0.5mil polyimide double coated tapes area also available that offer 4.3 kV dielectric strengths.