Industry leaders revealing innovations in inkjet technology for industrial markets
Fast-paced developments in inkjet printing technology will open traditional industrial applications to digital printing such as packaging, textile, plastics and many more. ‘The Inkjet Conference™’ (www.theijc.com) is staged by ESMA, a leading, European non-profit association for specialist printing manufacturers of screen and digital print technology, at the Swissôtel in Neuss (Düsseldorf), Germany, September 30 and October 1 2014.
Steve Knight, Founder of “Digital Direct” comments: “Inkjet is the fastest growing area of print. The rapid evolution of core technologies is driving cross market adoption of digital imaging with huge economic benefits, and while some market sectors are still in the 10’s of machines, others are in the 1000’s. Digital print in automotive interior is to be expected next year and so is direct printing on beverages and secondary packaging. Furthermore, labels, ceramics, textiles and packaging are all fast-growing sectors and represent a multi-billion euro business that is expanding rapidly.”
Peter Buttiens, CEO of ESMA comments: “Technical advances in inks, printheads software and electronics are being aided by a growing integration know-how. In turn, improvements in image quality are being driven by further research in inks and surface treatments, curing and drying. As a result, this improved image quality is driving further market adoption.”
The inkjet conference brings together industry and academic leaders in their fields to speak about the latest advances and future developments driving digital print and offers a great networking opportunity to meet both the presenters and the market leaders from their respective industries.
The biggest European Conference of its kind for this industry sector will feature exhibitors and speakers from:
Adphos, Agfa, Balluff, Caldera, Chemstream, Colorgate, Fujifilm Dimatix, Digital Direct, Encres Dubuit, GEW, GIS, Huntsman, Industrial Inkjet, Integration, Technology KNF, Machine Dubuit, Marabu, Malvin, Pall, Phoseon, PrintabLED, Ricoh, Sun Chemical, Trident, Wifag, Xaar plc, Xennia, Indujet.
The two-day, multi-subject educational conference, sponsored by enabling partner drupa, has been developed specifically for inkjet equipment manufacturers. It will comprise of:
- A focus on inkjet engineering and the placing of a million drops that will feature hardware and software aspects of equipment design and manufacture. Areas touched on will include fluid systems, precision engineering, printheads, digital asset management, RIPs, colour calibration and workflow.
- A review on fluid and ink components such as nano particles, conductive, aqueous and UV inks.
- An academic track open to all universities and non-commercial research institutes to present their work.
Sabine Geldermann, Director of drupa: “The conference supports precisely our “Touch the Future” focus, theme and claim of drupa 2016. It is responding to the rapid market changes and is stimulating new and important visitor target groups with state-of-the-art technologies and new solutions.”
Martin Stegelmeier, Senior Project Manager for PEPSO (Printed Electronics Products and Solutions) of Messe Düsseldorf, points out that “PEPSO connects seamlessness with inkjet technology. Many new materials and application developments are connecting with this upcoming conference and are a springboard towards drupa 2016!”
The conference will consist of over 30 presentations with topics as varied as:
- Membrane Pumps in Inkjet Printers – a success story, Andreas Hauri (KNF Flodos)
- UV-LED Systems and Integration, Patrick Montali (PrintabLED)
- Piezo Inkjet for Precision Dispensing of Functional Materials, Steve Liker (Trident)
- System Integration: an Ink Point of View , Frank De Voeght (Chemstream)Improving Inkjet Industry by Implementing Intelligent Sensors, Martin Kurtz (Balluff GmbH)
- Industrial Inkjet for Packaging- Beyond the Box, Holly Steedman (Indujet GmbH)
- Limitations and Benefits of Industrial Inkjet Printing, John Corrall (Industrial Inkjet Limited)
- Utilizing the Full Power of the Computer Hardware, Frédéric Soulier (Caldera)
- See the full list on www.theijc.com
The academic track will also display the latest in inkjet technology:
In between the tracks, there will be time for interaction with speakers and exhibitors.
For latest news and updates on The Inkjet Conference™, or to register please go to: www.theijc.com.