Avery Dennison Label and Packaging Materials will highlight numerous innovations designed to promote shelf appeal, sustainability and product security at PACK EXPO. The processing and packaging trade show runs November 25 in Chicago, Illinois.
“Our innovations are driven by brand owner engagement,” said Jeroen Diderich, vice president global marketing for Avery Dennison Materials Group. “The products we are featuring reflect collaboration across the value chain to deliver innovations that meet the sustainability, shelf appeal and security needs of brands.”
● CleanFlakeTM portfolio, a range of label materials designed to advance the recycling of PET containers — which reduces supply imbalances of recycled PET (rPET) and improves cost. The portfolio recently expanded to include RollFed Sleeve constructions that provide excellent clarity, onbottle coverage and better yields of PET materials at recyclers. By using CleanFlake, brand owners can promote recognition of their efforts to recover and recycle these materials as rPET reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 71% and creates less landfill waste.
● The FSC®Certified portfolio. a portfolio of more than 50 specifications certified by the North America Forest Stewardship Council and featuring paper facestocks commonly used in wine, spirits, dairy and food applications. The products’ prices are comparable with those of noncertified alternatives to drive the use of FSCcertified materials throughout the value chain.
● ClearCutTM S7450 adhesive, a premium adhesive for wine and spirits and nonalcoholic beverages. Pairing S7450 with MDO film allows for enhanced conformability when labeling unique, curved bottle designs.
● The Avery Dennison Craft Beer portfolio, which consists of paper and film materials with adhesives that stay on surfaces with heavy condensation, giving brewers the freedom to employ unique label shapes and the dynamic printing and finishing capabilities enabled by pressuresensitive technology. Brewers can also benefit from the faster changeovers, reduced waste and easier cleanup associated
● DirectLinkTM, Avery Dennison’s new label technology which incorporates near field communications (NFC) technology to send messages directly from the label to the consumers’ smartphone. With global counterfeiting on the rise, Brands are increasingly concerned about the security of their products. The DirectLink technology allows consumers to tap a smartphone to an NFC tagged product to instantly confirm product authenticity.
● FiberTrackerTM anticounterfeiting labeling solution, which features a paper facestock with unique fiber patterns that can be scanned through QR codes at the point of purchase to validate product authenticity.
Avery Dennison representatives will be available to discuss the innovations in the South
Hall at the Avery Dennison Booth #2671 in McCormick Place November 25.