FINAT, the international association for the self-adhesive label industry announces its 2015 labelling events. Learning and networking are key aspects of the industry and are of course greatly valued by the worldwide labelling community. In 2015, FINAT will again be organizing a number of important events, just like it did in 2014. These events will give current and future label community members the opportunity to meet with peers, clients, press and other industry related contacts, get informed and exchange information.
A busy schedule in 2015 (in chronological order):
- FINAT Labelling Competition: this annual competition showcases the best of self-adhesive label and narrow web print. It recognizes and rewards achievement in terms of both end use/ marketing impact and print and converting quality. Awards are given – by a jury of leading industry experts - in the main segments where self-adhesive labels are used: alcoholic beverages, food, household, industrial, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, security labelling, (self-) promotion, booklet/coupon labels and for the major reel-fed print processes: flexo, letterpress, screen, offset, digital print and combination print.
This year, the 35th edition takes place, in which the category 'Digital’ has been upgraded to the status of main Group (next to the main Group of conventional printing processes), to recognize the significant part that digital printing is playing in the modern label industry. FINAT welcomes all 2015 FINAT Label Competition entries, before the deadline of March 5.
- FINAT Young Managers Club, 2nd global Young Managers Congress, April 16-18 in Bratislava, Slovakia: this year, the FINAT YMC will organise the second edition of the Global Young Managers Congress for the label industry. During this event, young managers get the opportunity to hone their management skills and learn from experiences from industry experts. The programme includes social events such as networking dinners, interactive workshops and one and a half day of presentations. Special features will be two workshops, one on ‘Managing a Thin Company’, and the other on ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’.
- The European Label Forum 2015, June 11-13 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands: FINAT has significantly redesigned the format of its annual congress, which from now on will carry the title ‘European Label Forum’. The purpose of this new format is to enhance the association’s main annual event as the vehicle for strategic business knowledge, information and inspiration. The new format will be more focused on business topics, with three different parallel streams (‘Sales and Marketing’, ‘Manufacturing and Technology’ and ‘Management and Corporate Affairs’), a lean manufacturing workshop and more room for interaction and dialogue between congress delegates. All sessions will feature first class speakers who are recognized experts in the field. More detailed information on this event is coming soon.
- FINAT Radar: this publication will have its 3rd edition appearing right after the congress. The publication offers readers a unique ‘first hand’ 3600 overview of trends and developments across all segments of the self-adhesive and narrow web value chain, from materials and equipment suppliers, via the label converters, to the brand owners and users of product decoration.
- FINAT Recycling Award: this award recognizes efforts of the industry in paper and film release liner recycling, both at the level of the converter and the level of his customer. The award will be handed out for the second time this year, after first being awarded in 2014. The event will be launched soon, more information will follow.
- Labelexpo Europe 2015, September 29 – October 2, Brussels: the world’s leading trade exhibition for the label industry has been going from strength to strength, and the 2015 edition again promises to benchmark and display new innovations in self-adhesive and narrow web technology development. As Europe’s leading trade association for the industry, FINAT will of course again be present with a hospitality stand, where volunteer leaders and staff will be present to welcome members, potential members, media and other interested visitors. Through the newly established Labelexpo Advisory Board, visitors, exhibitors and show organisers Tarsus are collaborating to drive further quality improvements of the show. Prior to the show, FINAT will host the global label associations united in the L9.
- New Technology and Management Webinars: at the end of 2014, FINAT launched a new series of FINAT webinars focusing on topics relevant to the future of the industry. Purpose of the webinars is to offer a convenient tool at members’ fingertips to brief them on management, technology and sustainability developments that may impact our business in the near future. The FINAT Board’s ‘New Converting Technology’ taskforce and the Young Managers Club have joined forces to drive this programme. The 2015 FINAT webinar calendar will be announced shortly.
- Committee output: FINAT’s sophisticated network of affiliated associations, committees and subcommittees pulls together industry thought leaders and experts to work on issues of common interest such as the FINAT Test Methods (9th edition currently available in English and German, French and business Chinese will follow soon), an LCA Best Practice Guidance Document, a Food Safety Best Practice Guide, as well as a new member information leaflet. Prior to Labelexpo Europe, FINAT will host the global label associations united in the L9. The L9, is amongst others driving the World Label Awards competition (winners 2014 to be announced in February). This meeting will also see the birth of the global Label Associations Portal, a collaborative platform.