Epson America today announced four new additions to its ColorWorks® on-demand color label printer lineup – the ColorWorks C6000A, C6000P, C6500A, and C6500P. The first printers specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-only thermal transfer printers1, the new ColorWorks models deliver on-demand, 4- or 8-inch color labels at a comparable price2. Engineered for mission-critical applications, the reliable printers speed through labels at up to 5-inches per second3. The printers enable industrial and commercial organizations to produce high volume color labels for production use. The new ColorWorks label printers are on display at Pack Expo in Las Vegas, Nev., Sept. 23-25, 2019, at Epson’s booth, #C-5204.
“The industry recognizes the benefits of on-demand color label printing, but we also know it can be difficult to make the transition from a black-only thermal transfer printing process that is already set up in the current workflow,” said Andy Scherz, senior product manager, Commercial Label Printers, Epson America, Inc. “This new family of ColorWorks on-demand label printers provides an easy transition for customers looking to make that vital switch, with similar media handling capabilities, speed, features, and connectivity options that deliver seamless integration with existing workflows, so customers can get up and running with a new, more colorful system, fast.”
Featuring up to 1200 dpi resolution, the new models produce crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels. Compatible with ZPL II, SAP® and more, and built to accommodate remote printer management, these versatile printers offer seamless integration with an existing workflow. The new ColorWorks C6000 family delivers a comprehensive range of capabilities to meet the requirements of the most common thermal transfer applications. Four- and eight-inch models cover the full spectrum of label sizes, with two models being the first ever color inkjet printers to support peel-and-present capabilities for fast hand or automated label application4, and two models including an auto cutter to create variable length labels and enable easy job separation.
The new ColorWorks models deliver dependable, commercial inkjet printing with fast-drying, durable color inks and enhanced productivity, while offering cost and inventory reduction compared to using pre-printed labels. Additional features include:
- Reliable – Engineered by Epson for demanding applications; backed by industry-leading service and support
- First Printer Specifically Designed as a Color Upgrade to Black-Only Thermal Transfer Printers1 – Designed with similar media handling capabilities, speed, features and connectivity options, all at a comparable price point
- Enhanced Productivity – Eliminates the need to pre-print; speeds up to 5-inches per second3; fast time to first label
- Astounding Image Quality – Up to 1200 dpi resolution with various droplet sizes; crisp images comparable to pre-printed labels
- Seamless Integration – Compatible with ZPL II, major middleware, SAP, Windows®, Mac®, and Linux
- Remote Printer Management – For managing large fleets over the network
- Peel-and-Present –C6000P and C6500P offer fast, on-demand print-and-apply applications
- Auto Cutter – C6000A and C6500A come standard with auto cutter, ideal for fast, on-demand applications
- Applicator I/O Control Port for Automated Workflow – Supports I/O commands; can be integrated into nearly any workflow
- Low Cost – Comparable to existing thermal transfer printers2
- Durable, High-Quality Labels – Meets BS 5609 certification5
The new ColorWorks C6000 family of on-demand label printer models will be available in January 2020 through Epson’s vast network of authorized partners. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/colorworks.
Post a Comment